Slow- Cooked Carnitas TacosFrom goodeat 4 years ago
- 2 lbs boneless country- style pork ribs or pork shoulder (Boston Butt), cut into 1½-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp dried oregano (preferably Mexican) shopping list
- ½ large onion, cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- 1 large avocado, halved, pitted and sliced shopping list
- fresh cilantro & sliced red bell peppers shopping list
- tortillas (corn or flour) shopping list
- green chile salsa shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Toss pork in bowl of slow cooker with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper , oregano to coat. Place onion pieces atop pork. Cover slow cooker and cook pork on low setting until meat is very tender and falling apart, about 6 hours.
- 2. Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to cutting board. Discard onion pieces. Using fingers, shred pork; transfer carnitas to platter. Place avocado slices, cilantro sprigs, and sliced red bell peppers, if desired, alongside. Wrap corn or flour tortillas in damp kitchen towel; microwave until warm, about 1 minute. Serve carnitas with warm tortillas and green salsa.
- don't worry if left longer than 8 hours in the pot. it still tender! and ready to eat!! so dig in!! get the drinks and napkins and let lives!
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating7 people
I like it.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
I really like this, but do I really have to discard the onions? I would like to chop them up to add more flavor to the salsa.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
looks great!m2googee in Tomball loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!