Empanadas Agrentine Beef TurnoversFrom kytigger 5 years ago
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive or salad oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground lean beef shopping list
- 1 can (8 1/4 oz) tomatoes drained and crushed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped raisins shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green olives shopping list
- I tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves crumbled shopping list
- 1 hard cooked egg chopped shopping list
- 1/4 seasame seed shopping list
How to make it
- Blend cream cheese and butter and gradually add flour blend until doug is smooth. Divide dough into 3 balls: cover and chill until firm. about 30 minutes.
- In a medium skillet heat oil. Add onion; saute for 3 minutes. Add meat; cook and stir until browned and about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, raisins, olives worcestershire, salt and oregano. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir in chopped egg; cool.
- On a lightly floured board rool each ball of dough seperately to 1/8 thickness. With a 3 inch biscuit cutter cut out circles. Spon about 1 teaspoon of the meat mixture onto one side of each circle. Moisten edges with water; fold pastry over filling to form a semicircle; press edges to seal; crimp with fork tines. Repeat. Prick tops of turnovers. Sprinkle swith sesame seed. Place on cookie sheet. Bake in preheated hot over (400 F) until golden about 12 minutes. Serve Hot.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating4 people
great turnover high5 thanks luv itmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This looks very tempting. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. A 5 from me.tablescape in loved it
Great empanadas....love this recipe.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!