New England Shrimp and Scallop BakeFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 4 ounces Ritz cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened shopping list
- 1 lb peeled large shrimp shopping list
- 1 lb scallops shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/3 cup of white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 300 degree F.
- Put 0ne package (4 OZs) of Ritz Crackers into a plastic bag and crush the crackers to the desired size, 1/8-inch, not too fine.
- Melt the butter and stir in the Ritz Cracker Crumbs. Cook the cracker crumbs, stirring to brown them slightly. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Butter the baking dish and add the shrimp and scallops in a single layer. Salt and pepper to taste.*
- Toss the buttered cracker crumbs and minced parsley to mix thoroughly; then sprinkle evenly over the shrimp and scallops. The butter-crumb mixture should just form loose clumps. Once heated these will collapse and form around the shellfish.
- Next Drizzle the white wine over the dish and bake immediately in a 300 degrees F oven, for 25 to 30 minutes until the shellfish is cooked through with little or no free liquid but still moist and plump.
- *Note: This is a good place to add cayenne pepper and/or lemon juice or zest, if desired.