Portabella Mushroom and Cream CheeseFrom goodeat 7 years ago
- 1 portabella mushroom, with stem and fins (is that the right word?) removed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (feel free to use the low-fat, whipped, or any other variety you like) shopping list
- 1/4 medium yellow sweet onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- olive oil as needed for cooking shopping list
How to make it
- Pour a little olive oil in a pan (a tablespoon or two) and put it on the stove on medium heat (not too high or your oil will start smoking up your house!)
- Chop up the onion and garlic (I use my mini food processor for this so I don’t have to cry!) and saute them in the oil for a few minutes (or until they are cooked the way YOU like them).
- Place the cream cheese in a small bowl, add the onion/garlic to it, and mix it all up with a fork.
- Add some more oil to the pan and place the mushroom in and saute the mushroom on both sides until it’s nice and warm. The longer you cook it, the softer it will get, so you will have to decide on timing depending on how mushy you want it.
- When it’s done, take it out of the pan, put it on a plate, and spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Done! That was easy, wasn’t it?