Stir Fryed Cabbage With Italian SausageFrom goodhomecooking 6 years ago
- 1 large cabbage head or 2 sm head of cabbage shopping list
- 4 carrots (add 1 more if using 2 sm head of cabbage) shopping list
- 3 celery stalk shopping list
- 1 pkg mild Italian sausage or hot if you like the hot italian sausage shopping list
- 1 T of Minced garlic (add a little more if using 2 heads) shopping list
- 1 T onion flakes or small onion (add a little more if 2 heads) shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
- Sprinkle of seasoning salt shopping list
- Optional: 1/2 cup of red pepper chopped up shopping list
How to make it
- Wash celery and chop them up.
- Wash carrots, peel and chop.
- If adding peppers chop them now also
- Turn the Wok on to about 300
- Take the Italin Sauage and peel off the skin and break sausage into small pieces. Do this to all of the sausage. But make sure you are stirring them as you as skinning and breaking the sausage so it will not burn. After sausage has brown.
- Add the carrots, celery and peppers. While they are slow cooking.
- Cut the cabbage up. Cut out the core at the top of cabbage and throw away. After cabbage is cut up. Add to wok. All all the remaining ingredients(onion flakes or small cut up onion,garlic,sprinkle of seasoning salt, soy sauce sprinkle about 8 drops. Add more if it looks like you need to add more.
- Turn wok up to 325 or 350.
- Cover and let it cook.
- Keep an eye on the cabbage and keep stirred until steam builts up on the cover of lid. (Do Not Add any water. You will take away all of your flavoring which the Italian sauage is going to give your cabbage).
- When steam has builted up on lid you can let it cook and ocassionally come and stir cabbage to make sure it does not burn. When cabbage is nice and soft by taste testing it is done. The time limit is an estimate. I do not like over cooked cabbage. So cook according to your taste buds and how you like it.