Burnt Sugar Ice CreamFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
How to make it
- Melt sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat stirring constantly until it turns dark brown.
- Meanwhile combine cream and milk in saucepan and heat until mixture bubbles around the edge.
- When sugar has caramelized remove from heat and slowly begin stirring in hot milk mixture.
- Be careful as the mixture will bubble violently at first.
- Just stop pouring and stir until bubbling subsides.
- Continue pouring until all milk has been incorporated and caramel has completely dissolved.
- Place egg yolks in a bowl then add salt and beat to combine.
- Slowly stir in half of the hot milk mixture.
- Pour back into hot milk and cook over moderate heat stirring constantly until custard thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in brandy and vanilla.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!