Basic Coconut Milk Sherbet Gluten Free Dairy FreeFrom twilightrose 6 years ago
- juice of 1 whole lemon plus zest or (2Tbs lemon juice from concentrate) shopping list
- 1 C Bakers sugar, super-fine granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 C coconut milk, other alternatives: rice milk, almond milk shopping list
- Optional: shopping list
- fresh whole vanilla bean, scrape the seeds out and add to above mix shopping list
- Any citrus instead of lemon, try orange juice or lime shopping list
- After finished mixing your ice cream, fold in fresh fruit, chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit or chopped candy bars. shopping list
- My BF likes his with chopped chocolate covered pomegranates mixed in. shopping list
- Do you have an add-in you'd like to share with me? I love to experiment. shopping list
How to make it
- In a med. size glass bowl, combine lemon juice, rind and sugar. Let sit about 5 minutes. This allows sugar to dissolve a little.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Pour entire mixture into ice cream maker and follow the instructions for your machine.
- Run approx. 20 minutes, and serve.
- Fold in your add-ins before serving, chill to harden.
The Cooktwilightrose Denver/ Nederland♥, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!