Gluten Free Cheddar Chive BiscuitsFrom twilightrose 7 years ago
- 2 C flour blend of your choice ( I use Bob's Red Mill All Purpose) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum shopping list
- 1 Tbs. ground flax seed shopping list
- 4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 stick butter- chilled (some time in the freezer works great) shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 Tbs. fresh chopped chives shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried Italian parsley shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 C. shredded cheese of your choice (X-Sharp Cheddar, Gruyère, Asiago, smoked Gouda, or cheese substitute of your choice) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/3 C buttermilk, or rice milk plus 1 tsp. rice vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 400 F
- Coat regular size muffin pans with Spectrum vegetable shortening or pan release of your choice.
- In a bowl mix together, flour, Xanthan, flax, baking powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grate chilled butter with hand grater or in food processor, and stir into flour mix until coated.
- Add garlic powder, chives, and parsley, stir.
- In separate bowl whisk together egg and buttermilk or rice milk(&vinegar), then stir into dry mix.
- Scoop into greased muffin cups, bake approx. 15 minutes until browned.
The Cooktwilightrose Denver/ Nederland♥, CO
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!