Cayenne Pepper Jelly - Home CanningFrom twilightrose 6 years ago
How to make it
- *WEAR GLOVES* or your hands and anything you touch will BURN
- Wash peppers, remove stems and most of the seeds. Leave the pith and more seeds if you want it spicier. (I could leave more seeds myself, next time) There is a lot of sugar in this recipe, so you have to get the heat above that sweetness.
- Puree peppers and 1 C cider vinegar in blender.
- In a large saucepot combine puree, 1 C. vinegar and sugar, bring to boil. Boil 10 minutes, stirring constantly. At end of ten minutes, stir in liquid pectin. Return to rolling boil. Boil hard, 1 minute, stir constantly.
- Remove from heat. Skim foam if needed.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot jars, leave 1/4 inch head space. Place sterilized two piece caps on jars and process in a boiling water canner, at the time indicated for your altitude. 20 minutes at 5000 ft.
- I live at 5000 ft. so my process time was 20 min. Be sure to look and see how long you need to process at YOUR altitude.