Betty Crocker Chicken Ala KingFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 3 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (3 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk ( may be part cream if you want a richer sauce ) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton) shopping list
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken or turkey ( she used Rotisserie store bought chicken ) shopping list
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained shopping list
- 3 cups hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook bell pepper and mushrooms in butter, stirring occasionally, until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk and broth.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken and pimientos; cook until hot.
- Serve over rice
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
I remember making this very dish waaaay back in 1978 as a new bride. We were entertaining, and I wanted to serve something "fancy". I would love to try it again! Thanks for the post!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
will be making this soon!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Love this - thanks for the post!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Comfort Foods773 members
Quick N Easy123 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Stovetop Cooking12 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Oldies But Goodies115 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members