Carrot And Ginger Soup With Red Pepper PureeFrom pineappletarts 6 years ago
- 200 g carrots (approx 2 medium carrots), sliced thinly in rounds shopping list
- 1 small stalk celery, sliced thinly shopping list
- 500 ml chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 50 - 100 ml extra stock or water shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 " - 1" old ginger, sliced thinly shopping list
- Half an medium white onion, sliced thinly shopping list
- sea salt, optional shopping list
- red pepper puree : 2 red capsicums, quartered with stem and seeds removed, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Place the red capsicums on a sheet of foil under the grill until skins turns black and are puffed up.
- Remove from oven, cool and peel off the skins. Discard the skins.
- Place red pepper, garlic, olive oil and salt in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Remove and place in a small bowl or storage container to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onions and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add ginger and continue to fry until onions start to become transparent.
- Add celery and stir until coated in oil.
- Add carrots and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add 500ml of stock and bring to the boil.
- Lower heat and cover pot. Cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Turn off heat.
- Stir until it has stopped steaming before pouring into a blender.
- Blend until a very smooth consistency.
- Pour back into pot. Taste the soup and check consistency.
- If soup is too thick for your liking, add more stock. Alternatively, add water, tasting each time you add some water. Add a small pinch of sea salt if needed.
- Pour into 2 bowls and stir in 1 flat tbsp of red pepper puree or more.
The Cookpineappletarts Singapore, SG
- Not added to any groups yet!