Bellwether Farms Fromage Blanc CakeFrom sosousme 6 years ago
- 8 1/2 ounces vanilla wafer shopping list
- 5 ounces unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 18 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 10 ounces Bellewether Farms Fromage Blanc, or other high quality cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract (not imitation) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (zest first, juice second) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- For the crust: Put the wafers into a food processor and process until fine. Pour into a bowl and stir in the melted butter. Press into a spring form pan, molding the crumbs up the sides. Bake at 325 degrees F for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the cheesecake: Beat together the cheeses and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the vanilla, lemon juice, zest and salt. Pour the mixture into the cooled crust. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 - 30 minutes. Edges should puff and the center will wobble slightly.
- Cool and serve.
- LindySez: Can be made at least a day in advance. Bring out of the refrigerator about an hour before you want to serve.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!