CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE DIABETIC FRIENDLYFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup ( 8-oz ) fat-free sour cream shopping list
- ½ cup sugar substitute ( Equal or Equivalent ) shopping list
- ½ cup margarine or butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt ( low sodium ) shopping list
- 2 packages ( ¼ -oz each ) active dry yeast shopping list
- ½ cup warm water Temp. ( 110 to 115 ) shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 packages ( 8-oz each ) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar substitute shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt ( low sodium ) shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 2 ½ cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup 1% milk shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- toasted sliced almonds, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 375.
- 1)In a saucepan, combine sour cream, sugar substitute, margarine and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 5 – 10 minutes or until well blended. Cool to room temperature.
- 2)In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sour cream mixture and egg; mix well. Gradually stir in flour. ( Dough will be very soft.) Cover and refrigerate overnight..
- 3)Next day, combine filling ingredients in a mixing bowl until well blended. Turn dough onto a floured board; knead 5 – 6 times. Divide into four equal portions.
- 4)Roll each portion into a 12-inch x 8-inch rectangle. Spread ¼ of the filling on each to within 1-inch of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style from long side; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place seam side down, on greased baking sheet. Cut six X's on the top of loaves. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5)Bake at 375 for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Combine the first three glaze ingredients; drizzle over loves. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Serving size: 1 piece
- Calories per serving: 264, Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 54mg, Sodium: 165mg, Carbohydrate: 38g
- Note: I modified the recipe for a diabetic friendly one by cutting the sugar, fat, and the sodium.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
YUM_YUM! You get my 5!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
Sound yummy! high 5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
lovely recipe posts, enjoy your low sugar/diabetic ones for my relatives!midgelet in Eastern loved it