Tuna With Peppercorn SauceFrom twill10 7 years ago
- 4 tuna steaks (about 1/2 lb. each) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil -- divided shopping list
- 1 shallot -- minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth or fish broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried or brine-cured green peppercorns -- crushed or chopped shopping list
- 1 tbs chopped shallots is an option shopping list
How to make it
- I like my tuna grilled (outside) and it is a meal that is worth the time.
- Sprinkle tuna with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a grill pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add tuna and grill until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add wine and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Add broth and cook until mixture reduces to 1 cup, about 5 minutes more.
- Pour in heavy cream and continue cooking until liquid is reduced again to 1 cup. Stir in peppercorns and juice that has accumulated from fish. Pour sauce over fish and serve immediately. You can garnish with a few of the peppercorns on the Tuna, but grill marks would look nice by themselves, from the outside grill.
- Serve a red or white wine (rose) of fairly fruity character or
- a Sauvignon Blanc or a top Cotes du Rhone would be fine.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
The Rating6 people
Love this recipes!! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
YOU~ "had me at First Bite"~"5"FORK!!!!!~
I want to try this very soon~
Thank-you so much for sharing~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Really like thishungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!