Poached Dover SoleFrom twill10 6 years ago
- 1 Dover sole fillet (bones removed) A good white fish would work haddock, cod, Tilapia or similar shopping list
- white wine, enough to cover fish slightly shopping list
- 1/4 juice of a lemon shopping list
- A small bunch of parsley shopping list
- I tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- We used to do a sauce for poached fish that was a reduction of white wine,a little fresh lemon juice, chopped parsley, unsalted butter, white pepper and salt to taste.
- Take a small pan long enough to hold fish,salt and pepper, melt butter, add fish add lemon juice and wine , and cover . Let simmer til fish is flaky add parsley you can freshen with a with a little fresh lemon juice.
- You can garish with a lemon twist on the Sole or use two twists together and make a pinwheel.
- You can take this a little further and add some heavy cream and some fish stock and reduce, for a white sauce. Please use a good white wine.
- If your are poaching a white burgundy or its equal is best to serve.
- If using the cream sauce a sharp dry wine is best to serve.