Zesty Broccoli CasseroleFrom riverrat715 5 years ago
- * 3 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli florets, thawed shopping list
- * cooking spray shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk shopping list
- * 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- * 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- * 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened shopping list
- * 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise shopping list
- * 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 medium) shopping list
- * 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, and sliced shopping list
- * 3/4 cup herbed stuffing crumbs (I use Pepridge farm herb stuffing crumbs) shopping list
- * 2 teaspoons butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange broccoli in an even layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine milk, flour, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheddar and cream cheeses; stir until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, onion, and water chestnuts. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over broccoli.
- Place panko in a small bowl. Drizzle with butter, and toss. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over cheese mixture. Lightly spray breadcrumb layer with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble and breadcrumbs brown.