Fish ChopFrom kaberi 4 years ago
- 6-7 medium size fish pieces, shopping list
- 2 big potatoes, shopping list
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, shopping list
- 4-5 green chillies finely chopped, shopping list
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped, shopping list
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder, shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, shopping list
- a pinch garam masala powder(Optional), shopping list
- 1 tsp lime juice, shopping list
- 2 tsp of corn flour, shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten, shopping list
- half cup bread crumbs, shopping list
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped, shopping list
- salt as per taste, shopping list
- oils to fry .(preferably vegetable oil). shopping list
How to make it
- 1. First wash and clean the fish pieces and boil with 1/4 tsp of salt and turmeric powder for 7-8 min. Now smash the fish pieces when little warm taking out all the bones from them. Keep aside.
- 2. Boil the potatoes with water putting a little salt on stove top or in microwave for 8-9 mins.
- 3.When done, smash potatoes with fish pieces again nicely and smoothly.
- 4. Take a skillet / kadai, heat 1 tsp oil and add ginger-garlic paste,chopped onions and chopped green chillies and saute for some time.Now add potatoes and fish mixture and then mix nicely.Now sprinkle roasted cumin powder,red chilli powder,turmeric powder and garam masala powder. Saute everything nicely.
- 5. Adjust salt and spices and then when done ,take off from flame and let it cool.
- 6. Add lime juice and coriander leaves and corn flour to the mixture and knead smooth. Now make balls from that mixture and dip in beaten eggs mixed with salt and little red chilli powder(if you need more spicy) and roll them on bread crumbs one by one and Keep aside for some time.
- 7. Deep fry them on medium flame and keep on paper napkin to absorb extra oil. Serve hot with tomato or coriander chutney or tomato ketchup and salads.
- Make sure there is no water / steam left into the mixture then while frying it will break . Here I lightly fried the fish pieces after marinating with turmeric powder and salt instead of boiling. I used corn flour to absorb extra water from the mixture. Some people use roasted peanuts and tomatoes too.