Apple TartinFrom twill10 4 years ago
- apple Tartin shopping list
- One quick cooked tart It is called an "Apple Tartin" and is very simple and beautiful. My daughter has made this for school and she never brings any back, plus she always has a large number of requests for the recipe. This depends on the size of the saute pan you use. I start with about a 10" pan well coated with no stick Pam and I use about 2 sliced apples, about a 1/2 to 1/4 thick (I like Granny Smith, but use what you like). I then melt unsalted butter and enough brown sugar to cover bottom of the pan and make a thick syrup after it cooks. I thin put the apples into the syrup and cook a few minutes so they get coated good with the syrup. shopping list
- I over lay the apples or shingle them is the tech term in a round circle like a huge sun flower design or something that works for you, be creative! I then use bought flake pastry dough and put on top of the apples enough to cover completely and make an edge on the outside of the tart. You can roll the dough at the edge make a little design in it to close the edge or just leave the edge open but in a round shape no rough edges.Then I put in the oven and brown the pastry dough. When it is done (doesn't take long to cook) I have a large plate that I put over the saute pan and invert so the whole thing comes out with the shopping list
- apples on top and the crust on bottom. I then coat with my simple water and sugar syrup ( recipe above) for a shiny coat and then I serve with Cool Whip or ice cream. One thing I forgot . You will have a center hole the apples you can cut a round shape ot of the apple or fill with Cool Whip, but if you can cut the top of the apple with the stem intact it looks nice in the hole. I have used cookie dough for this recipe and it works , but the pastry works best for me. shopping list
How to make it
- We will number these for you! Just hit 'enter' after every step.