Slow Cooked Chocolate Mud CakeFrom goodeat 6 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate (or 1/3 cup chocolate chips) shopping list
- 2/3 plus shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons plus shopping list
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 11/2 cups hot water shopping list
- whipped cream or ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Coat the inside of a 2 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. (Note: the cake's cooking time and final appearance will vary depending on your crock's size.)
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water and mix well.
- Whisk in the 2/3 cup of sugar, 3 tablespoons of cocoa, vanilla extract, salt, milk, and egg yolk. Add the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the batter into the slow cooker and spread it evenly. In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar, cocoa, and hot water until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the batter in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours, depending on the size of the crock pot.
- Even when done, the cake will be very moist and floating on a layer of molten chocolate, but you'll know it's ready when nearly all of the cake is set and the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pot. (As you check, try not to let the condensed steam from the lid drip onto the cake.)
- When it's done, turn off the power and remove the lid. Let it cool for 25 minutes, then serve it in bowls topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
The Cookgoodeat Benton, MO
The Rating7 people
Hey! Thanks for this one! I have so much stuff to make now! I'm glad I joined this site!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
good eat!5 FORKS!CHOCOLATE LOVER SPEAKS!lanabade in Goshen loved it
verry yum!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!