Roasted Garlic Squash With Crispy Sage Brown ButterFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1/2 c peeled garlic cloves shopping list
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 (3 lb) butternut squash,peeled,seeded, and cut in 3x1" chunks shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper shopping list
- 5 Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 24 fresh sage leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400. Toss garlic with 1 tsp oil;wrap in foil pkt. Put squash on rimmed baking sheet and toss with remaining oil,salt and pepper. Place squash and garlic pkt. in the oven;roast squash 1 hour,turning pieces several times,or till browned and tender. Roast garlic packet 45 mins or till cloves are tender and soft..
- Five mins. before the squash is done,melt butter in large non-stick skillet over med. heat. Add sage leaves and cook 2 to 3 mins. until butter is lightly browned and smells nutty and sage leaves start to crisp. Remove the skillet from heat; transfer sage leaves with slotted spoon to paper towel;reserve brown butter.
- Transfer roasted squash and garlic cloves to large serving bowl. Drizzle with browned butter. Top with crispy sage leaves.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating7 people
Hey there you!:) I am gonna make this withe pork recipe this weekend, I'll let ya know how it went!! Thanks high 5snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Yumhungrybear in Miner loved it
Very good!!goodeat in Benton loved it