Kiwi Hokey Pokey Ice CreamFrom bigkiwi 6 years ago
How to make it
- Bring sugar and golden syrup to a boil slowly, stirring constantly. Simmer over very low heat for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a deep golden-brown color.
- Be careful not to allow it to burn
- Remove from heat, add baking soda. Stir quickly until mixture froths - pour at once into a well greased shallow tin.
- Allow to cool, break up (for ease in breaking, place in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin).
- Store in air-tight jars.
- When ready to serve, mix into softened vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- Helpful hint for North American cooks Rogers Golden Syrup and Lyle's golden syrup are available in Canada. King brand syrup, a mixture of corn and invert syrup, is sold in many areas of the USA, often grouped with table syrups like maple syrup.
The Cookbigkiwi Wrexham, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!