Pad Thai Vegetarian ZingerFrom pinotnoir 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup fish sauce or less shopping list
- 3/4 lb. fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 6 ounces Thai rice noodles (the wider kind) shopping list
- 2 cups grated carrots shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped peanuts shopping list
- 1 cup green onions cut into 1inch slices or so shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then blanch the beans for about 30 seconds, remove and drain well. When the water returns to a boil, add the noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender but firm, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Shred the carrots and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt is a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the lime juice, ketchup, fish sauce and brown sugar and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the garlic for a few seconds while stirring and just brown. Add the pepper flakes and shredded carrot and cook for 1 minute, then remove.
- Add the beaten eggs and gently scramble until just set. Pour in the carrots, sauce, bean sprouts, noodles, peanuts, and green onion a little at a time allowing to mix well while you toss it all together.