Yellow Split Pea Soup with AndouilleFrom babsalaba 5 years ago
- 2 andouille sausages cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 1 red potato, diced shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups yellow split peas, rinsed shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- heavy cream to taste (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté sausages in heavy large pot over medium-high heat about 4 minutes.
- Add potato and onion. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Dump in split peas, stirring well, then pour in the broth.
- Bring the soup to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until peas are tender, stirring occasionally, about 60 minutes. Add additional broth or water if necessary if the liquid seems to get too low.
- From time to time, mash the peas and potatoes down with a potato masher.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with a tablespoon of heavy cream if desired.
The Cookbabsalaba Syracuse, NY
The Rating5 people
I also love those flavor combos. I am blessed with living in a part of the country where you can get great andouille and boudin sausages. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Great post and flavor combo is wonderful! This just moved to the top of make "Make Soup" list!
Thanks and high 5!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Great post!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it