Tortilla lasagnaFrom szq 6 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef ( I also use sausage or ground turkey) shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 envelope taco seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp cornmeal shopping list
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches) shopping list
- 1 jar (8 ounces) salsa shopping list
- 1 small onion, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skiller, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink: drain.
- Stir in the water, taco seasoning, garlic powder and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat: simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour creeam and chili powder in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses; set aside.
- Sprinkle cornmeal in a greased 13-in x 9-in baking dish.
- Arrange 5 tortillas, overlapping, in the bottom of prepared dish; spread with 1/2 cup salsa. Layer with half of the meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.