Brain Food PancakesFrom kitchenscientist 7 years ago
- 1 C whole wheat flour (or ½ C whole, ½ C all purpose), plus a little to thicken if needed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- ½ C flaxmeal shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup well-shaken buttermilk, plus a little to thin if needed shopping list
- 1 ripe banana, mashed shopping list
- 1 C blueberries (ok if they're still frozen) shopping list
- oil for brushing griddle shopping list
- Chopped walnuts, if you like shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour(s), baking soda, flaxmeal and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg, and mix with buttermilk and mashed banana until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or a large heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot enough to make drops of water scatter over its surface, then brush with oil (just before you pour the batter).
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until smooth and thin or thicken to normal pancake batter consistency.
- Gently stir in blueberries (and walnuts if using).
- Pour 1/4 to 1/2 C batter per pancake onto griddle and cook, turning over once, until golden, about 2 minutes per batch.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookkitchenscientist Sterling, AK
- Not added to any groups yet!