Coratella With Artichokes And OnionsFrom spinach1948 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 to 2 pounds of Coratella ( lambs liver ) or caves liver cut into small pieces shopping list
- 4 artichokes quartered, with the chokes removed shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- ½ cup dry white wine shopping list
- chicken broth shopping list
- 1 lemon split in half, divided shopping list
- 5 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl cut the artichokes into small pieces soak in water and with the juice of one half of lemon so they will not tarnish. Cut the onion into thin slices and let them simmer in a 5 qt saucepan with 3 tablespoons of oil. Once the onion is transparent. Drain the artichoke slices and let them jump with onions, salt and some broth, cook for about 30 minutes add broth so they do not stick to the pan, cook until tender. Set aside. In a large fry pan saute the liver with 2 tablespoons of oil with some broth till tender about 15 minutes. Add the artichokes and onions with more broth and cook adding salt and pepper for about 5 more minutes and sprinkle with lemon.
- Serve this along side your Easter meal. Or may be made for a breakfast or brunch.
- Note: This is my and mrsc543 family's recipe that has been passed down from generation to gereration.