Super Moist Banana Nut Muffin TopsFrom windsortenor 6 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 3 medium very, very ripe bananas (about 14 ounces/397 grams total, including peels), peeled shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola or corn oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Position an oven rack on the middle shelf of oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C). Lightly grease and flour 10 muffin top cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer (stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachemnt or handheld mixer) on medium speed until well blended with only small bits of banana visible. Pour in the dry ingredients and gently stir with a rubber spatula just until blended. If using nuts, add them when the flour is almost blended and stir to incorporate.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin top pan, dividing batter evenly. They will be almost full. Gently tap the pan on the countertop to settle the batter. Bake until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick or a cake tester inserted in the center of 1 muffin top comes out clean, about 11 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes, and then carefully remove the muffin tops from the pan and set them on the rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.