Jamaican CurryFrom thenewagecook 6 years ago
- 3 lbs. of chicken (boneless) cut it into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 2 - 3 medium potatoes (peeled and diced) shopping list
- 1 large onion (diced) shopping list
- 2 scallions (chopped) optional shopping list
- 1 scotch bonnet if available or green pepper (seeded & minced finely) shopping list
- 2 cups of chicken broth or water shopping list
- 2 Tblsp of vegetable oil shopping list
- NOTE: Other vegetables like carrots, green peas, cabbage, etc. may be added. This recipe works perfect for either shrimp or pork as well. shopping list
- seasoning Spices: shopping list
- salt & black pepper (to taste) shopping list
- 2 - 3 Tblsp of Jamaican curry powder (or to taste) shopping list
- ½ tsp of allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp of fresh or dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1 tsp of ginger (fresh grated or paste) shopping list
- 2 Tblsp of vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix and rub all the seasoning spices into the chicken and allow marinating from 1 hour to overnight at the most.
- Heat the vegetable oil and add the marinated chicken.
- Cook for about 5 minutes stirring, and then add the broth and the rest of
- the ingredients.
- Cook on medium heat uncovered until meat is tender and the sauce is thick for about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Cover and lower the heat to a simmer, cook for another 30 minutes. Serve with white rice.
The Cookthenewagecook Miami, FL
The Rating9 people
"IT"~is "ALL" in the "SEASONINGS"!
For this Exceptional "5"FORK!!!!! Recipe~
The (2) seasonings that 'Stand-Out' to me~
are the 'All-Spice & Ginger'~
I appreciate this 'taste' delight~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Just love Curry ... anything.trinii in HAWTHORNE loved it
hey robert how are u??? good to see you sweetie !!
i love curries and this is great thanks for sharing!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!