Chocolate Zucchini Or Courgette CakeFrom gullion 6 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups (355 gm/12-1/2 oz) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 Tablespoon (60 ml) cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 cup (65 gm) butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups (420 gm) white sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups (500 ml) grated zucchini(courgette) packed shopping list
- *In Britain zucchini is commonly known as a courgette. shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325°F or 160°C.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan, or a 13 x 9 x 2" baking pan. (33x23x5 cm)
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda, and set aside.
- Cream butter in a large mixer bowl with the sugar and oil, add eggs, milk and vanilla and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating until smooth.
- Stir in the grated zucchini and the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the baking pan and cook for 45 - 50 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.