Cinnamon-Apple PancakesFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1-3/4 cups whole-wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup wheat germ or yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups soy milk or low-fat milk shopping list
- 1 cup (heaping) peeled, cored, finely diced apple (any all-purpose variety) shopping list
- applesauce or pure maple syrup for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200°F. In large bowl, mix together flour, wheat germ, cinnamon and baking powder. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, lightly beat egg whites with fork until foamy. With rubber spatula, stir in brown sugar until dissolved, then stir in 1-1/2 cups milk until well combined.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture. Pour milk mixture into well and stir until thoroughly combined, but don't over mix or pancakes will be rubbery. Add remaining 1/2 cup milk if batter seems too thick. Stir in apple.
- Lightly coat nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray then heat over medium-low heat until hot. Pour 2-1/2 tablespoons batter onto skillet and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. (These pancakes need to brown a bit more slowly than most to be cooked all the way through.)
- Transfer pancakes to ovenproof plate, cover loosely with foil and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining batter, lowering heat if pancakes brown too fast. Serve warm with applesauce or maple syrup and a dusting of cinnamon.
- How many this recipe makes depends on the size of pancake that you make.
- Nutrition information: 297 calories, 14 grams protein, 3 grams total fat, 58 grams carbohydrates, 4 milligrams cholesterol, 80 milligrams sodium, 8 grams fiber
- Source: www.vegetariantimes.com
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating4 people
luv pancakes delicous and healthymomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
YUM Bookmarked &5ved
Jo & Leejolielives in The Catskill Plateau loved it
lor where have you been i missed you????? you ok????
thanks for these delicious pancakes yummmm
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it