Korean Fried Chicken Yangnyeom DakFrom jakartainflames 4 years ago
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely grated shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for coating shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more for coating shopping list
- 8 to 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, quartered, or 24 wings shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Korean chili paste (gojuchang) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, more for garnish shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium-size bowl, combine grated onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Cover and set aside to marinate for about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, stir together chili paste, ketchup, sugar, sesame seeds and lemon juice. Taste and adjust flavors to get a spicy-sweet-tangy finish. Set aside.
- Pour oil into a large heavy pot to a depth of 1 1/2 inches. Heat to 350 degrees. Combine flour and cornstarch in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding, lift chicken from marinade, dredge lightly in seasoned flour and cornstarch, gently drop into oil and fry for 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken, checking oil temperature btween batches.
- For wings only, when all pieces are done, increase oil temperature to 375 degrees and refry in batches for 30 to 60 seconds, until very crisp. Drain once more on paper towels. While chicken is still hot, bruch thickly with chili sauce. Serve hot, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
The Cookjakartainflames Jakarta, Indonesia
The Rating5 people
different-nice!midgelet in Eastern loved it
You won't believe how good this is until you try it. Bet you can't eat just one. High 5...shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!