Cheesy Potato Corn ChowderFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 7 medium yukon gold potatoes,cut in 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Tbs roasted garlic shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1/3 c flour shopping list
- 1 c milk shopping list
- 2 c extra sharp cheddar cheese,shredded shopping list
- 2 cans (7oz ea.) whole kernal corn,drained shopping list
- 4 scallions,(1/4 c ,optoional) finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In 5 qt. Dutch oven,place potatoes,add just enough water to cover. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat;cover and simmer 10 to 15 mins or till potatoes are very tender. Drain. Reserve 1 c potatoes;return remaining potatoes to saucepan.
- In small bowl,mash reserved potatoes with fork;return to saucepan. Stir in broth ,garlic,salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium;cook ,uncovered 2 mins.
- In small bowl,stir flour into milk with wire whisk until well mixed. Add milk mixture to potato mixture,stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat,stirring frequently,until mixture thickens and boils. Stir in cheeses and corn till cheese is melted.
- To serve, ladle chowder into bowls;top with scallions.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Very good soup!! five forkygoodeat in Benton loved it
Yup! this is good soup! high 5!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Mmmmmm this sounds wonderful .....love it!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it