Orange Blossom CakeFrom angelgirl94 5 years ago
- 1 cup butter-softened shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs-room temperature shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 1 teaspoon orange extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream-room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk-room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur(triple sec) shopping list
- 3 cups cake flour- sifted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup chopped dates shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 1 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium size mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Grease and flour one 12-cup tube pan or three 9" x 5" loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat until light fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating mixture for at least 7 minutes.
- Add sour cream, orange peel, and extracts.
- Add flour mixture to batter alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until just combined after each addition.
- Add liqueur. Mix until combined.
- Stir in dates and pecans
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Bake in center of oven for 55-60 minutes for loaf pans/ 1 hour 15 minutes for tube pan or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes then turn cake out onto wire rack with a shallow pan underneath. If using loaf pans, leave cakes in pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients and boil for one minute.
- Cool slightly and slowly pour over cake. If using loaf pans, let cake cool in pan or wait at least 30 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
- Cool completely and serve with whipped cream, whipped topping, or ice cream.
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating2 people
YUM!!! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Southern Cooks555 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members
Companys Coming115 members
Home Cooking58 members
Cooking With Booze79 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members
My Passion Is Baking62 members