Mexican Cheese DipFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 3 c plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt shopping list
- 1 medium sweet red pepper,diced shopping list
- 2 c frozen whole kernel corn,thawed shopping list
- 1 c canned black beans,rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 small tomato,seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbs canned diced green chilies shopping list
- 2 c shredded Mexican blend cheese shopping list
- 1/4 c snipped fresh cilantro shopping list
- tortilla chips shopping list
How to make it
- Line a small colander with 3 layers of cotton cheesecloth or clean papper coffee filter. Suspend coander over a bowl and spoon in yogurt. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight to create yogurt cheese.
- Remove yogurt cheese frin strainer;discard liquid. Transfer to large bowl. Stir in garlic, cumin,and salt. Fold in sweet pepper,corn black beans,tomato,green chilies,1-1/2 c shredded cheese and 3 Tbs cilantro.
- Spoon into crock or bread bowl or spread on platter. Top with remaining Mexican cheese blend and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
One of the best ever comfort foods...You can't good wrong with a good cheese dip and this one certainly fills the bill....Good job girl...Zzena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Oh Yeah!! My 'folks' will gobble this one HIGH FIVE FORKS kiddo:)!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Yum! I'm all over this! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it