Chicken Fajitas Lime CabbageFrom nanarooski 5 years ago
- 6 tablespoons olive oil plus additional for griddle shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch-thick strips shopping list
- 1 large red onion, halved, sliced lengthwise shopping list
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime peel shopping list
- 6 to 8 fajita-size flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and chili powder in large bowl.
- Add chicken, bell pepper, and onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Let stand 1 hour at room temperature or chill up to 4 hours.
- Toss red cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, lime peel, and 3 tablespoons olive oil in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place large griddle over 2 burners and heat over medium-high heat.
- Brush griddle with olive oil.
- Spread chicken on griddle and cook until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are browned, turning frequently with tongs, about 7 minutes Total.Divide chicken among warm tortillas; top with cabbage mixture and avocado slices.