Angelgirls Sausage Cornbread DressingFrom angelgirl94 4 years ago
- 1 8" x 8" pan buttermilk cornbread-baked and cooled shopping list
- 1 8oz bag seasoned stuffing mix(Such as pepperidge Farm) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 pound spicy pork sausage shopping list
- 4-6 cups hot turkey or chicken stock shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning-or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt-or to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper-or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, brown sausage.
- Add onions and celery. Cook until both are tender.
- Drain sausage mixture and set aside.
- In an extra large mixing bowl, crumble cornbread into tiny crumbs. Add stuffing mix and combine.
- Add sausage mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add poultry seasoning , salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Slowly pour in stock, stirring continuously, until dressing reaches desired consistency. Some like it very moist, some prefer it a little drier.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Add a few tablespoons of dressing and mix well. Pour egg mixture into dressing and stir untill well combined.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until browned.
- Serve hot.
- Add mushrooms, chestnuts, oysters, or whatever other ingredients you like.
- I've never used this recipe to stuff a turkey. The way I see it, dressing this good does not belong in a turkey's backside.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating3 people
Lol...I like the way you look at things - and I also believe you when you say the turkey will be forgotten. Great post, many thanks! ^5
debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Ohhhhhhh yummmm i love this gf thank you ...........you are funny forget the turkey lol
why is there amnesia drugs in it lol ...kidding ...hahahaha
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds really good, I'll have to make this recipe. Love a good stuffing. Thanks for sharing, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it