Taco Baseball CapsFrom mamajune 9 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- Caps shopping list
- 2 cups Corn Chex® cereal shopping list
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 package (1.25 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 oz) shopping list
- 1 small chopped tomato (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation Directions:
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Crush cereal. (To easily crush cereal, place in plastic bag or between sheets of waxed paper, and crush with rolling pin.)
- 2. In large bowl, mix crushed cereal, flour, 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix, the baking powder and garlic powder. Cut in shortening until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Gradually stir in water, mixing well to form soft dough. (If dough is too dry, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Divide dough into 2 equal parts; cover with damp towel until ready to use. Roll out dough, 1 part at a time, on lightly floured surface to 1/16-inch thickness. Cut into six 4-inch rounds.
- 3. Place each round of dough in each of 6 ungreased regular muffin cups in 12-cup muffin pan, alternating cups and making sure dough is even with rim of cup on one side of each. On opposite side of each, extend dough over rim and press firmly for "bill of cap." Press dough firmly and evenly onto bottom and sides of cup.
- 4. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove from muffin cups to cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 5. Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef with remaining taco seasoning mix over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and thoroughly cooked. Drain. Fill each cap with beef mixture, shredded cheese, tomato and lettuce.
The Cookmamajune High Point, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!