Green Bean SoupFrom mcboo 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 pound fresh green beans (canned or frozen maybe used) shopping list
- 2 cups diced potatoes shopping list
- 2 cups sliced onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. thyme shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 pinches of dried sage or 2 leaves of fresh shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 3/4 qt. water shopping list
- 1 pt. sour cream or plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- In a 4 qt. kettle:
- place water, fresh green beans (if using canned add later), potatoes, onion, and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down and simmer uncovered until potatoes/beans are done.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add canned green beans (drained).
- Refrigerate 24 hours to blend flavors.
- While soup is cold add sour cream or yogurt.
- Reheat to serving temp.
- DO NOT BOIL.