Fried Crab ClawsFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- 1 pound fresh crab Claws shopping list
- 1 bag of fish & shrimp Fry or substitute with corn flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- Tony’s creole seasoning shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- lime or lemon juice shopping list
- ketchup shopping list
- fresh prepared horseradish shopping list
- canola oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Start by pouring about 2 inches of oil in a heavy bottom saucepan or use an electric fryer.
- Pour the Fish Fry, flour, and Tony’s into a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, crack to egg and add milk and 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice. Mix well.
- Heat oil on a medium heat (#6).
- Put several crab claws in the egg wash to coat. Then, toss crab claws into the Fish Fry mixture and coat well. Place on a clean platter. Repeat until all crab claws are battered.
- Place crab claws in the fryer - maybe a dozen at a time. They only need to fry about 2 minutes or less. Really quick.
- Move to a drain on paper towels.
- Make Cocktail Sauce with one cup ketchup and 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish and a squeeze of lemon or lime.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating6 people
I never thought about crab claws gonna try this for sure, sumthin' different for New Year's:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Another yum recipeshungrybear in Miner loved it