Pecan Pie with Bourbon and Chocolate ChipsFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 1 package deep dish pie shells shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup Karo syrup; dark or light shopping list
- 3 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bourbon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups pecan halves shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Remove 1 deep dish pie shell from the package. Thaw for about 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Melt the 3 tablespoons butter either on the stove or just for a few seconds in the microwave.
- With a whisk, blend together the eggs, sugar, syrup, butter, Bourbon, vanilla extract and salt.
- Now, stir in the chocolate chips and pecan halves.
- Mix well.
- Pour into the pie shell. Mixture should not overflow over the crust.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- Note: If the crust is getting too dark after 30 minutes, tear off thin strips of aluminum foil and wrap around the edges, or there are special gadgets you can buy specially for this purpose
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating5 people
I think we both have bourbon on the brain today...I just did a Bourbon Pie recipe. Will try yours, too. I also finally got my tamale recipe up after an hour or so of typing...I now realize what you went through to get yours online. Thanks, Choc! 5U...morediannehocut in Little Rock loved it
Choc:) This is gonna be 'GOBBLED' gonna make 4 Thanksgiving! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Fantastic gonna make for christmas high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Southern Essentials226 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Southern Cooks560 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Anything Goes289 members
Mississippi Girls33 members
Cooking With Booze79 members