Mushroom Giblet GravyFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
- 4 cups turkey or chicken stock shopping list
- Giblets from 1 turkey shopping list
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons reserved stuffing mixture shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 pints button mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring stock and giblets to a boil.
- Add bouillon and reserved stuffing mixture.
- Make a slurry by whisking together the cornstarch and water and add to the boiling stock; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms until browned in butter.
- Add mushrooms to gravy with egg and salt and pepper, to taste.