Simple Snow Pea SaladFrom camie1500 5 years ago
- ~ Salad ~ shopping list
- 2 cups snow peas , washed shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds small new baby or dutch potatoes, unpeeled shopping list
- 1 red pepped, put into thin slices (not chopped or diced) shopping list
- 1 can halved or whole water chestnuts (optional) shopping list
- 3 TBSP olive oil shopping list
- ~ Dressing ~ shopping list
- 5 TBSP extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 TBSP red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinaigrette shopping list
- 1 tsp hot red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, place potatoes and fill with water until all the potatoes are covered by at least 1 inch
- place the pan on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil, (you may want to lower the heat to med. high at some point) and boil for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are soft (but not falling apart!!)
- while potatoes are boiling, toss the red peppers, and snow peas together in a bowl until mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and whisk until well incorporated, around 1 minute
- when potatoes are done boiling, strain water and let cool until they are able to be handled. Cut potatoes into fourths.
- Prepare a fry pan with the 3 TBSP olive oil on med high heat. When hot (around 2 -4 minutes) place potatoes in oil and fry until potatoes pieces have turned a golden brown on at least 2 of their edges.
- once potatoes are looking crispy, add the snow peas and red peppers and cook for an additional 2 - 3 minutes (snow peas and red peppers should retain their crunch)
- add the dressing and cook for an additional 30-40 seconds, then turn off heat