Slow Cooker Orange Pumpkin CustardFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- 2 slightly beaten eggs shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk shopping list
- whipped cream (optional) shopping list
- toasted chopped pecans (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, orange peel, and allspice. Stir in evaporated milk. Pour into a 1-quart soufflé dish. Cover the dish tightly with foil.
- Tear off two l5 x 6-inch pieces of heavy foil. Fold each piece in thirds lengthwise. Crisscross the strips and place the soufflé dish in the center. Bringing up foil strips, lift the ends of the strips and transfer the dish and foil to a 3 1/2-, 4-, or 5-quart slow cooker. (Leave foil strips under dish. ) Pour warm water into the cooker around the dish to a depth of 1 1/2 inches.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting about 4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Using the foil strips, carefully lift the dish out of the cooker. Let stand 20 minutes, Serve warm or chilled. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and pecans, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating6 people
Hold that thought... I'm on my way:) Gotta have now, boy when I login to this site, I get awful hungry!! This sounds soooo good!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
I am so happy to have found this recipe~
At one time (before my 'moves') I had it
tucked safely away? but it was lost~
It is a "5"FORK!!!!! and I look forward to
making it during the 'Holidays'~
...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Very good!!goodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!