yogurt quick breadFrom gaelicgrime 6 years ago
How to make it
- again my blog has better version of this http://bit.ly/IJoTf
- 1. Preheat roaster/oven to 350 (maybe try 400 next time see notes)
- 2. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cup/spoon
- level with a knife.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- mix well
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- 3. Combine yogurt, butter, and egg whites, stirring with a whisk.
- Place over low heat just till the butter is melted.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just till moist. DO NOT OVER MIX
- 4. Spread batter into an 8x4" loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 70 minutes or till wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5. Cool 10 mins. in pan on wire rack;
- remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- originally grouprecipes.com Pleclare
- 10 months ago (20091107)
- Savory flavor, tender texture and a crunchy crust make this bread a good all-purpose accompaniment.
The Cookgaelicgrime West Valley City, UT
- Not added to any groups yet!