Candied Sweet PotatoesFrom tuilelaith 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and boil until slightly underdone, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool and peel.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine margarine, brown sugar, 2 cups marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir potatoes into marshmallow sauce.
- While stirring mash about half of the potatoes, and break the others into bite-sized chunks.
- Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover top evenly with remaining marshmallows. Return to oven and bake until marshmallows are golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating5 people
sounds delicous picture perfect thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
this is exactly how we had them at thanksgiving growing up! thanks so much for sharing :)aluminum_chef in Montreal loved it
GIVE ME THE BIGGEST SPOON COS I LOVE THESE AND THEY SURE LOOK PRETTY TOO!!!!! YUMMMMMMM I MAKE THEM THIS WAY TOO ITS THE ONLY WAY LOL
I PUT A LITTLE KARO SYRUP AND MOLASSES IN IT TOO
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it