TURKEY STIR-FRYFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup sliced celery shopping list
- ½ cup sliced onion shopping list
- 2 Tbs canola oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 can ( 10 ½ -oz ) condensed chicken broth, undiluted shopping list
- 1 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast shopping list
- 2 cups fresh snow peas shopping list
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts shopping list
- Hot cooked rice, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a non-stick skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in oil until tender. Combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 – 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the turkey, peas and water chestnuts; cook until turkey is heated through and the peas are tender. Serve over rice if desired.
- Serving size: 1 cup no rice
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 242, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 61mg, Sodium: 687mg, Carbohydrate: 13g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 27g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, ½ starch.
- NOTE: This is Diabetic Friendly, Gastric Bypass friendly, and anyone.