Red Bell Pepper CrostiniFrom twill10 7 years ago
- Recipe from executive chef David Holben shopping list
- olive oil for brushing on peppers shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 8 slices French bread, 1/2 inch thick shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, peeled shopping list
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Brush olive oil on peppers and place on a sheet pan under broiler and cook for a few minutes, until somewhat black and blistered, turning frequently. Put in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes. Uncover and remove skin, core, and seeds. Cut into strips 1/4 inch wide and toss with chopped thyme, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- While shrimp and zucchini are broiling, rub slices of French bread with garlic clove and toast until crisp. To serve, place 2 pieces of bread on a plate, top with peppers, and arrange a skewer of shrimp alongside. Garnish with sprigs of thyme. Serves 4.