Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint FrostingFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- Cupcakes: shopping list
- 1 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 6 Tbs butter,softened shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 5-1/2 oz flour shopping list
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 c low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- Peppermint frosting shopping list
- 2 c powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c (40z) tub style-light cream cheese shopping list
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract shopping list
- 16 hard peppermint candies,finely crushed (1/3 c) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- To prepare cupcakes:Place brown sugar and butter in large bowl;beat wit mixer at medium speed 2 mins. or till well blended. Add eggs,one at a time ,beating after each addition. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups;level with knife.
- combine flour,cocoa,baking powder,baking soda and salt in a bowl,srirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk,beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups lined with paper liners. Bake for 12 mins or till cupcakes spring back when touched lightly in the center. Cool in pan 10 mins. on a wire rack;remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare frosting: Combine powdered sugar,cream cheese and peppermint extract in a bowl,stirring till smooth. Spread about 4 tsps.frosting on each cupcake;sprinkle evenly with candies.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
Now, Santa And (Snowcat) really luv u:) BEEUTIFUL!!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! P.S. Rudolph wants to know if you'll giude the sleigh tonite... Santa's passed out from all the goodies ya' made for him... :) Great post!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
High 5!! good cupcakes!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Love cupcakeshungrybear in Miner loved it