Slow Cooker Rough Mashed Potatoes with GarlicFrom modelsmom 4 years ago
- 2 lbs baking potatoes (5 or 6), peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth, vegetable broth, or water shopping list
- half cup hot whole milk or buttermilk shopping list
- 2 T unsalted butter shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put the potatoes, garlic, and bay leaf in the slow cooker.
- Add enough broth (or water, or a combination) to completely cover the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 to 4.5 hours, depending on the size of the potato chunks.
- Drain in a colander over a large bowl, reserving the liquid and discarding the bay leaf.
- Return the potatoes to the cooker, add the milk and butter, and mash, adding some cooking liquid to adjust the consistency to your preference.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a pat of butter to the top if you like.
- Cover and set to KEEP WARM or LOW until serving.
- Serve at the table right from the slow cooker.
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating2 people
I've never made garlic mashed in the slow cooker - just regular ones. This is now added to my list of things to try during the holidays. Sounds great. Slow cooker potatoes are wonderful as they don't take up needed burners when making a large dinn...morevalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Fantastic recipe thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!