Apple-topped Pork LoinFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground mustard shopping list
- ¾ tsp. salt shopping list
- ½ tsp. sugar or sugar substitute shopping list
- ¼ tsp. rubbed sage shopping list
- ¼ tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 boneless pork loin roast ( 4 to 5 pounds ) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. Crisco pure olive oil shopping list
- Apple Topping: shopping list
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped peeled tart apples shopping list
- ½ cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 to ¼ tsp. ground mace shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 325.
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. In a large skillet, heat oil; brown roast on all sides. Place on a rack in a shallow pan. Bake, un-covered, at 325 for 1 ½ hours.
- Combine the topping ingredients; spread over the top of roast. Bake 1 to 1 ½ hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 205, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 195mg, Carbohydrate: 10g, Protein: 24g
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
A real nice pork roast. Sounds delicious.
EDabbott41 in Boston loved it
So yummy sounding!! five forkygoodeat in Benton loved it
OH please send me one!!!! here's my address.... 0000 nobody's home apt 99 not a town, DA HA!!! Being silly tonite:) Seroiusly, Ed this looks weally good, I am just hammin it up! HIGH FIVE FORKS< KNIVES< etc., LOLsnowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it